Introducing Billy the Bat. This little bat has loops on his toes so you can hang him on a length of ribbon or cord to make a Halloween decoration; hang one or two in your window for trick-or treaters to enjoy. The finished bat is approximately 13 cm tall, and the wingspan is 22 cm. All pieces are knitted flat (back and forth) on a pair of straight single-pointed knitting needles. You will also need to cast on and off, knit, purl, work increases and decreases, and sew seams.
- Instructions for making the bat and photos
- A materials list and recommended yarns.
- The pattern is 3 pages and written in English.
- Measurements are metric.
Materials you need at home:
- A pair of straight 3.5mm knitting needles (US 4)
- DK yarn (double knitting or light worsted weight) in black, white and grey
- Toy filling
- Beads and white felt circles for eyes
What others have made
My name is Amanda Berry, a designer and knitter specialising in creating knitted toys stuffed with a little fluff and fuzz!
My designs have been published in magazines including Let’s Knit, Simply Knitting and Knit Now.