This quick to knit hat is sized for pixies of all ages and features ear flaps to keep you warm on the coldest of days.
Skills required: Knit & purl sts, knitting in the round, increases & decreases, I-cords, blanket stitch
Gauge: 14 sts x 20 rows to 4in/10cm on 5.5mm needles over St.St.
- Illustrated knitting pattern
- Metric and imperial measurements
- Sizes to fit 17 (18.5, 20, 22) in/ 43.25 (47, 51, 56) cm (Finished size 15.5 (17.25, 18.75, 20.5) in/ 39.5 (43.75, 47.5, 52) cm)
- Written instructions; illustrated tutorials for I-cords, Blanket Stitch & Knitting in the Round
Materials you need at home:
- 69 (76, 100, 112) yd/ 64 (79, 92, 103) m bulky weight, plied yarn (Sample shown in Lorna's Laces Shepherd Chunky (140yd/128m per 113g; 100% Wool))
- 24yd/22m yarn for a 6x6in/15x15cm swatch in St.St.
- Set 5.5mm/UK5/US9 DPNs/Circular or size needed to obtain gauge
- Stitch marker as necessary
- 55yd/50m contrast yarn for trim
- Crochet hook in size suitable for trim yarn
- Tapestry needle
Woolly Wormhead is a Hat Architect.
With an instinctive flair for unusual construction and a passion for innovation, Woolly Wormhead is a designer whose patterns are trusted and celebrated by knitters all over the world. As a designer, Woolly is driven by a need to create and develop her understanding of 3D form. Communicating her ideas and sharing her specialised knowledge with her audiences is key to Woolly’s success as a designer. Woolly's high quality pattern writing ensures perfect results, teaches new skills and encourages us all to become Hat architects.
Each Hat design is an original Woolly Wormhead innovation. These designs are created using unusual construction techniques and intriguing stitch combinations, resulting in unique and versatile pieces.
Each pattern is carefully developed and every effort is made to ensure that the instructions are as clear as possible. All patterns include a range of sizes, and many have additional design options and notes for alterations. Where possible, illustrated tutorials for specialist techniques are also included.