Introducing my Birdies knitting pattern. These chubby birds make super hanging decorations, and you can make them with or without a hat. Each bird is 8 cm tall. All pieces are knitted flat (back and forth) on a pair of straight single-pointed knitting needles. The flower decoration is embroidered onto the front of the finished bird. You will also need to cast on and off, knit, purl, work increases and decreases, and sew seams.
- Instructions for making the bird and hat with photos.
- A materials list and recommended yarns.
- The pattern is 3 pages and written in English.
- Measurements are in metric.
Materials you need at home:
- A pair of straight 3.75mm knitting needles (US 5)
- DK yarn (double knitting or light worsted weight)
- Toy filling
- Beads for eyes
What others have made
My name is Amanda Berry, a designer and knitter specialising in creating knitted toys stuffed with a little fluff and fuzz!
My designs have been published in magazines including Let’s Knit, Simply Knitting and Knit Now.