Introducing my Blarney the Leprechaun; he would make a super St Patrick’s Day gift. Blarney is 14 cm tall. Most pieces are knitted flat (back and forth) on a pair of straight single-pointed knitting needles. The clover stalk and hat buckle are single crochet chains worked on a crochet hook, but if you do not know how to crochet you could embroider these details instead. The beard incorporates knitted bobbles, and instructions on how to knit a bobble are included in the pattern. You will also need to cast on and off, knit, purl, work increases and decreases, knit stripes, and sew seams.
- Instructions for making the leprechaun and photos.
- Measurements are in metric.
- A materials list and recommended yarns.
- The pattern is 5 pages and written in English.
Materials you need at home:
- A pair of straight 3.75mm knitting needles (US 5)
- A 3.75mm crochet hook (US F/5)
- DK yarn (double knitting or light worsted weight)
- Toy filling
What others have made
My name is Amanda Berry, a designer and knitter specialising in creating knitted toys stuffed with a little fluff and fuzz!
My designs have been published in magazines including Let’s Knit, Simply Knitting and Knit Now.