Introducing my Bloomsbury Elephant knitting pattern. Bloomsbury is 16.5 cm tall (seated). Most pieces are knitted flat (back and forth) on a pair of straight single-pointed knitting needles. The tail is i-cord knitted on two double pointed needles (DPNs). This pattern incorporates short row shaping and instructions are included. You will also need to cast on and off, knit, purl, work increases and decreases, and sew seams.
- Instructions for making the elephant and photos.
- A materials list and recommended yarns.
- The pattern is 5 pages and written in English.
- Measurements are in metric.
Materials you need at home:
- A pair of straight 3.5mm knitting needles (US 4)
- Two 3.5mm DPNs (US 4)
- Double knitting yarns (DK or light worsted weight)
- Toy safety eyes
- Toy filling
What others have made
My name is Amanda Berry, a designer and knitter specialising in creating knitted toys stuffed with a little fluff and fuzz!
My designs have been published in magazines including Let’s Knit, Simply Knitting and Knit Now.