This cuddly elephant is knitted predominantly in stockinette, with garter stitch feet. Designed by Amanda Berry @fluffandfuzz, the elephant is knitted in acrylic DK yarns so he is easy to clean after play. Most pieces are knitted flat (back and forth) on a pair of single-pointed knitting needles, and the tail is an i-cord tube knitted on two DPNs. This pattern incorporates short row shaping. For confident beginners and above, other techniques used include casting on and off, knits, purls, increases and decreases, and seaming to finish.
- Instructions for making the elephant and photos.
- A materials list and recommended yarns.
- The pattern is 5 pages and written in English.
- Measurements are in metric.
- 16.5cm tall when seated
Materials you need at home:
- A pair of straight 3.5mm knitting needles (US 4)
- Two 3.5mm DPNs (US 4)
- Double knitting yarns (DK or light worsted weight)
- Toy safety eyes
- Toy filling
What others have made
My name is Amanda Berry, a designer and knitter specialising in creating knitted toys stuffed with a little fluff and fuzz!
My designs have been published in magazines including Let’s Knit, Simply Knitting and Knit Now.