BROOK is a full blouse or dress with a 60’s baby doll look ! Gathered at the chest, it is lined and the dress has pockets. Several types of sleeves and necklines are proposed to allow you to sew it in many versions (24 exactly ! 😋). You can also wear the dress with a belt to mark your waist ... 💡 Sewing idea : create contrast using a different fabric for the neckline and the sleeves ..
Size : 34 to 46 available in 3 statures (1m55 & less, +/- 1m65 and 1m75 & more).
Beginner to Intermediate difficulty level : the frill or long sleeves and cuffs will be new for beginners but no issues if you follow the illustrated step-by-step instructions 😉!
Recommended fabrics : a light-weighted fabric such as a cotton (double gauze, voile, batiste or poplin) for a voluminous and airy version or a viscose for a less voluminous but more fluid version. Favour the lightest fabrics with a less than 120g/m² weight (i.e. 170g/linear meter with a 140 cm width).
The PDF file includes the pattern and its illustrated tutorial with :
The seam allowances included ⚡️.
Preparatory informations to make your garment (pattern pieces, adjustments, materials, cutting instructions, lexicon, etc).
The step by step instructions written in english/french and illustrated at each step. An approximate time is also given to help you monitoring your progress.
The pattern to print at home or at a copyshop in A4 or A0 format. Using the free Adobe Acrobat software, layers will allow you to only select and print your own size.
- English & French illustrated instructions
- 3 A4 format patterns (one for each stature : 1m55 & less, +/- 1m65, 1m75 & more)
- 3 A0 format patterns (one for each stature : 1m55 & less, +/- 1m65, 1m75 & more)
Materials you need at home:
- Fabrics : no stretch and light weighted. Cotton or viscose with a less than 120g/m² weight ideally
- Interfacing if you choose a bottom of sleeves with cuffs
- Buttons (diam.1.5 to 2.5 cm) : 1 for the neckline + 2 if you add cuffs to your long sleeves
- Optional : you can buy 4 cm width bias if you don’t want to make them yourself
- Yardages are visible ont the first page of the pattern preview
Kaleïko Editions COM
Passionate about fashion, I create feminine, modern and comfortable sewing patterns that allow me to set my ideal daily wardrobe. My inspiration is multiple and often meet the 60s and 70s trends, exhibitions that I visited, details I liked from fashion shows, the design of an object (Love letters pouch), ... or a perfect basic according to my criteria (Thelma jeans). Most of my patterns include several versions allowing anyone to customize its garment and offer 3 statures/2 breast cups to better suit your body. The instructions, illustrated in color, will guide you step by step to help you progress and sew your garment with pleasure. You will also find all my patterns at www.kaleikoeditions.com and Instagram & Facebook @kaleikoeditions.