I saw this yarn and had to buy it - you know the feeling! I loved all the different shades of blue in the blueberry cheesecake ball - there are also other colours that are equally as lovely.
Yarn bought, but what do I make? So I decided to knit myself a bag and here is the pattern!
It is a great one for beginners as it only involves knit and purl stitches and the stripes are made by this self-striping yarn. The front, bottom and back of the back are knitted in one piece. The strap is also knitted as one piece so makes for a strong and versatile bag.
- Illustrated Knitting Pattern
- US Imperial Measurement / Metric Measurement
- Bag size 33 cm wide x 33 cm tall (13 inches wide x 13 inches tall) excluding strap
- Suitable for Beginners
Materials you need at home:
- 1 – ball Caron Cakes. Colour shown is Blueberry Cheesecake
- Knitting Needles – 1 pair of 5 mm (UK6 – US8) and 1 pair of double ended 5 mm , (UK6 – US8)
- optional - beads for the ends of the tie
I first started to design clothes for my children when they were younger and went on to sell garments through shops and craft fairs. I also taught the use of machine knitting and knitwear design. I later followed a career in IT, but I now have grandchildren and whilst hand knitting for them was inspired to start designing and creating knitting patterns again.