Bluetit tea cosy knitting pattern - make your own bird inspired tea cosie.
The Blue Tit tea cosy is handcrafted from double thickness yarn for extra insulation. The blue tit is made from royal airforce blue and lemon yarns.
This cute little novelty blue tit knitted tea cosy is a real tweet. The cheery blue tit is small and colourful; the combination of blue and yellow making it easily identified in the garden, on the bird table or in the kitchen.
This tea cosy is knitted on two pins and is easy to knit with easy to follow instructions. The tea cosy fits an average sized teapot holding about 6 to 8 cups.
This product is the knitting pattern only.
- is made from double thickness yarn for extra insulation
- fits a medium sized teapot that holds 6 to 8 cups or 2 pints
Materials you need at home:
- 5.5 mm, UK size 5 or US size 9 knitting needles,
- 4.00 mm, UK size 8 or US size 6 Knitting needles,
- 30g royal air force blue double knitting wool,
- 15g lemon double knitting wool,
- 7g white double knitting wool,
- 6g black double knitting wool,
- Small amount of stuffing for beak
I design and knit unique tea cosies. I really love designing exciting and unusual tea cosies, its great fun and people don’t mind having an over the top tea cosy. Plus they are a great talking point at tea time and make for brilliant knitting projects.
I have quite a following with regular customers who regularly buy my latest designs from my website TeaCosyFolk.co.uk
I have had a couple of patterns printed in the Simply Knitting Magazine, which is very exciting.