Boater Hat Crochet Pattern # 114
A crochet pattern for a Boater Hat. Sizes include Baby, Toddler, Child, Teen, Ladies Medium, Ladies Large, Men's, Men's Large, XL and XXL. This type of hat never goes out of style because it looks so good and the brim keeps the sun and rain off your face.
There is a special technique to keep the crown and brim flat which is very easy, just a little more work than usual. All fully explained. Instructions for the hatbands, flower, bow and triple bow are all included.
Medium Worsted Weight in Cotton or a woolly yarn is required [ Aran Weight for Britain, 10 Ply for Australia ]. Crochet Hook: 4 mm [ USA G/6, Britain 8 ].
An Original Meadowvale Studio Design.
- Written in English using standard American terms.
- Includes inches and centimetres.
- Step by step color coded instructions.
- Lots of photographs.
- Assistance always available.
- Sizes Baby 14 - 15 in / 35.5 - 38 cm, Toddler 15 - 16 in / 38 - 40.5 cm, Child 17 - 18 in / 43 - 46 cm, Teen 19 - 20 in / 48.5 - 51 cm, Ladies M - Men's M 21 - 22 in / 53.5 - 56 cm, Ladies L - Men's L 23 - 24 in / 58.5 - 61 cm, Men's L 25 - 26 in / 63.5 - 66 cm
- Suitable for Beginners if you know basic crochet terms and know how to work in the round.
Materials you need at home:
- Medium Worsted Weight yarn Cotton, Acrylic or Wool, Aran Weight for Britain / 10 Ply Australia
- !00 gr or 3.50 oz [ 2 Balls of 50 gr or 1.75 oz ] for Baby up to 500 gr or 8.75 oz for Men's L.
- Crochet Hook 4 mm - USA G/6 - Britain 8
- Stitch Marker
Meadowvale Studio Crochet Patterns
I have over 40 years worth of crochet experience to share with you, specialising in fashionable and functional crochet pieces. Patterns are written step by step, have photographs for guidance and are as simple as possible. Coming from an artistic background, texture, color and structure are all important considerations in my designs. I hope you enjoy my creations!