BOATS christmas stockings
Pattern for SHIPS christmas stockings in 3 variations. You should know how to knit in the round and with 2 colors. The pattern includes instructions and hints on how to knit the socks as well as 2 color charts.
Finished measurements: 38x14cm/15x5.5inches
- written and charted pattern
- instructions in english and german
Materials you need at home:
- tapestry needle
- crochet hook size 4mm
- set of dpns matching your gauge ( 3.5-4mm/US 4-6 for the plain parts, 5-6mm /US 8-10 for two-colored sections)
- For each sock 50g of the main color, about 10g of each contrast color
- gauge 30rows x 23sts = 4x4inch/10x10cm in plain stockinette (knitted flat) , , Gauge is not crucial here, children rather get more excited to have bigger christmas stockings. You can use every sport weight yarn of your choice or thicker. A thinner yarn would probably cause Santa trouble stuffing all the gifts into the stockings.
Hi, I’m Anne Mende, a textile enthusiast from Germany.
At this place I document my journey through the world of needle crafts. My mission is to help others find a way through the jungle of knitting and embroidery, too, and inspire to leave the comfort zone and try new techniques.