Knit a cuddly Blue Whale or a Narwhal Whale with this pattern. Some interesting whale facts: the Narwhal is known as “the unicorn of the sea” because of the long tusk on it’s head, and a blue whale’s tongue can weigh as much as an elephant! At least these two won’t be as heavy to carry around. Designed by Amanda Berry @fluffandfuzz, the whales are knitted in acrylic DK yarns on single pointed needles (not in the round). For confident beginners and above, other techniques used include casting on and off, knits, purls, increases and decreases, and seaming to finish.
- Instructions for making the Blue whale and Narwhal.
- A materials list and recommended yarns.
- The pattern is 4 pages and written in English.
- Measurements are in metric.
- Bob the Blue Whale is 10cm tall x 21cm long, and the Narwhal 10cm tall x 29cm long
Materials you need at home:
- A pair of 3.5mm straight knitting needles (US 4)
- Double knitting yarns (DK or light worsted weight)
- Buttons for eyes
- Toy filling
What others have made
My name is Amanda Berry, a designer and knitter specialising in creating knitted toys stuffed with a little fluff and fuzz!
My designs have been published in magazines including Let’s Knit, Simply Knitting and Knit Now.