- The pattern has row numbers for each step so you don’t lose your place
- Instructions for making the Blue whale and Narwhal whale plus 8 photos
- A list of abbreviations and explanation of some techniques
- A materials list and recommended yarns.
- The pattern is 4 pages and written in English.
BOB THE BLUE WHALE AND NARWHAL TOY KNITTING PATTERNS
Whale facts: A blue whale’s tongue can weigh as much as an elephant, and the Narwhal is known as “the unicorn of the sea” because of the long tusk on it’s head! You can knit both the Blue Whale and Narwhal Whale with this knitting pattern.
TECHNIQUES: All pieces are knitted flat (back and forth) on a pair of straight knitting needles. You will need to cast on and off, knit, purl, work increases and decreases, and sew seams. There is no tricky colour-work in this pattern, as the blue whale’s tummy is knitted separately and sewn onto the body.
FINISHED SIZE: Bob the whale is approximately 10cm tall and 21cm long. The narwhal whale’s tusk is 8cm long.