Bobble Beret - knitting pattern
This lovely slouchy beret was inspired by sea urchins, creating a textured finished with bobbles which all graduate towards, and meet at, the crown.
Skills required: Knit & purl sts, knitting in the round, increases & decreases, bobbles
Gauge: 20 sts x 28 rows to 4 in/10cm on 4mm needles over St.St.
- Illustrated knitting pattern
- Metric and imperial measurements
- Sizes to fit 18 (20, 22) in/ 45.75 (51, 55.75) cm (Finished size 16 (17.75, 19.25) in/ 40.5 (46, 49) cm)
- Written instructions; illustrated tutorials for Cable Cast-on & Knitting in the Round
Materials you need at home:
- 143 (179, 195) yd/130 (164, 179) m worsted weight, plied yarn (Sample shown in Cascade 220 (220yd/201m per 100g; 100% Wool))
- 30yd/28m yarn for a 6x6in/15x15cm swatch in St.St.
- Set 4mm/UK8/US6 DPNs/Circular or size needed to obtain gauge
- Stitch marker as necessary
- Tapestry needle
Woolly Wormhead is a Hat Architect.
With an instinctive flair for unusual construction and a passion for innovation, Woolly Wormhead is a designer whose patterns are trusted and celebrated by knitters all over the world. As a designer, Woolly is driven by a need to create and develop her understanding of 3D form. Communicating her ideas and sharing her specialised knowledge with her audiences is key to Woolly’s success as a designer. Woolly's high quality pattern writing ensures perfect results, teaches new skills and encourages us all to become Hat architects.
Each Hat design is an original Woolly Wormhead innovation. These designs are created using unusual construction techniques and intriguing stitch combinations, resulting in unique and versatile pieces.
Each pattern is carefully developed and every effort is made to ensure that the instructions are as clear as possible. All patterns include a range of sizes, and many have additional design options and notes for alterations. Where possible, illustrated tutorials for specialist techniques are also included.