Boss Robin sewing pattern
Boss Robin is a bird with lots of attitude : )
His pattern will make both a lovely festive decoration or soft huggable.
Easy to follow instructions take you step by step through all stages of robin-making and includes lots of reference photos and illustrations.
He is a nice plump bird, standing 14cm (5 inches) tall when completed and is happy made in fabrics or felts - perfect for beginners.
With the Christmas festive season in mind, he is perfect made with his "wired" legs and beady eyes, but his pattern also includes a child-friendly version suitable for hugging with felt feet (this stands a little shorter : )
- Full step by step instructions
- Very easy to sew in felts
- Two versions included
- Lots of reference photos and illustrations
Materials you need at home:
- Dark brown felt (30cm x 22cm) Large rectangle
- Red felt or velvet (15cm square)
- Cotton fabric for wrapping legs (optional)
- 2 x 30cm chenille stems (optional)
- Small piece of gold or light brown felt (15cm square)
- 4mm black glass eyes, or beads
- Sewing thread, scissors, needle and pins
- Toy stuffing
I love making softies, from cute and cuddly to slightly quirky (like me). You'll find a whole menagerie of animals to sew from teds to lions, with the odd dragon and ostritch too. Hope you enjoy stitching them - and have fun x