Bramble - this cute knitted boy cat stands 64 cm (25 inches) tall and is very soft and cuddly.
You can knit your own by following my knitting pattern which gives step-by-step instructions. All knitted in stocking stitch with double knitting yarn and 3.5 cm (4 US) needles.
Perfect for a baby shower gift or to give as a present to a little one who will treasure his/her new friend Bramble.
Bramble has a sister called Lucy and the knitting pattern for Lucy can be found in my Profile on Makerist.
- Illustrated Knitting Pattern
- US Imperial Measurement / Metric Measurement
- Detailed instructions for the magic loop technique of circular knitting
- Suitable for Intermediate Knitters
Materials you need at home:
- Any double knitting yarn can be used and below is the yarn that was used to knit Bramble
- Colour 1 – Socks and Trousers, 2 – 50 gram balls Sirdar Snuggly Double Knitting - Soldier Blue (412)
- Colour 2 – Legs, Hands, Face and Tail, 2 – 50 gram balls Sirdar Snuggly Double Knitting - Sky (216)
- Colour 3 – Arms and Jumper, 1 – 50 gram ball Sirdar Snuggly Double Knitting - Cream (303)
- Colour 4 – Hat, 1 – 50 gram ball Sirdar Snuggly Double Knitting - Soft Brown (428)
- Colour 5 – Braces - Flamenco (242), 1 – 50 gram ball Sirdar Snuggly Double Knitting
- Small amounts of Black Double Knitting yarn for eyes, mouth and tip of tail, Grey for whiskers, Pale Pink for nose.
I first started to design clothes for my children when they were younger and went on to sell garments through shops and craft fairs. I also taught the use of machine knitting and knitwear design. I later followed a career in IT, but I now have grandchildren and whilst hand knitting for them was inspired to start designing and creating knitting patterns again.