Brenda the Sheep is knitted in a cuddly boucle chunky weight yarn. She is a larger toy, but knits up fairly quickly on bigger needles. Brenda is approximately 23 cm tall and 30 cm long. All pieces are knitted flat (back and forth) on a pair of straight single-pointed knitting needles. You will also need to cast on and off, knit, purl, work a kfb increase and k2tog decrease, and sew seams.
- Instructions for making the sheep plus photos.
- A materials list and recommended yarns.
- The pattern is 4 pages and written in English.
- Measurements are in metric.
Materials you need at home:
- A pair of 5mm straight knitting needles (US 8)
- A pair of 5.5mm straight knitting needles (US 9)
- Aran weight yarn (worsted weight) in grey
- Fluffy boucle chunky weight yarn (bulky) in white
- Toy safety eyes
- Toy filling
What others have made
My name is Amanda Berry, a designer and knitter specialising in creating knitted toys stuffed with a little fluff and fuzz!
My designs have been published in magazines including Let’s Knit, Simply Knitting and Knit Now.