My Bubble Car is knitted in one piece to cut down on seaming, and the wheels and bumpers are knitted separately and sewn on. The car is 14 cm long, 8 cm wide and 9 cm high. All pieces are knitted flat (back and forth) on a pair of straight single-pointed knitting needles. For colour-work you will need to knit stripes (change colour at the end of a row). The window struts are embroidered after knitting. This pattern incorporates short rows (wrap and turn). You will also need to cast on and off, knit, purl, work increases and decreases, and sew seams.
- Instructions for making the car and photos.
- A materials list and recommended yarns.
- The pattern is 3 pages and written in English.
- Measurements are in metric.
Materials you need at home:
- A pair of straight 3.5mm knitting needles (US 4)
- DK yarn (double knitting or light worsted weight)
- Toy filling
- Buttons for headlights
What others have made
My name is Amanda Berry, a designer and knitter specialising in creating knitted toys stuffed with a little fluff and fuzz!
My designs have been published in magazines including Let’s Knit, Simply Knitting and Knit Now.