- Illustrated embroidery pattern, stitch key and color chart
- US imperial measurement. Fits either a 7 or 9 inch hoop
- Photographs of finished design
- Suitable for beginners
Materials you need at home:
- Embroidery needle(s)
- Embroidery scissors
- Calico fabric or similar non-stretch cotton, approx 11 x 11 inch in size
- Fabric shears or sharp scissors
- Six strand embroidery floss
- Embroidery hoop, 6 or 7 inch
- Your choice of transfer tools to trace the pattern (eg. erasable pen, light box, carbon paper)
- Fabric paint and brushes (optional)
- Hot glue gun and glue (optional)
- Iron (optional)
- Mild detergent (optional)
- Sticky tape (optional)
Your purchase includes:
1) A 'Pattern' file This file is is 13 pages long and includes the following:
- Supply list
- Printable pattern in two sizes (to fit a six and seven inch hoop)
- Pattern guide (key for embroidery stitches and colours)
- Basic written steps for what order to complete your stitches
2) An 'Embroidery Guide' This file is 24 pages long and contains the following:
- Detailed information on supplies and what to look for when purchasing them
- My personal tips to help make your embroidery experience as easy as possible
- A stitch glossary that illustrates how to execute the stitches used in my patterns
The stitches taught and used in this pattern include:
- Running Stitch
- Split stitch
- Satin stitch
- Stem stitch
- Colonial knots
- Wagon wheel roses
The combined file size is 8.07 MB. The pattern is written in English.
This hand embroidery pattern was created with beginners in mind, but can be enjoyed by all skill levels who wish to experiment with the design.
This pattern and its content are the property of Ell Violet, © Ell Violet 2018 and is for personal use only.
I am a mixed media artist whose work focuses on celebrating the beauty of flora and fauna. My pieces combine delicate embroidered elements with painting, bead work and sequins.
I began offering hand embroidery patterns as a way to share my enjoyment of the process with others. Whether you are a complete beginner or seasoned creator, I hope you find something that inspires you!
If you purchase a pattern and would like to share your work, please don't hesitate to tag me @ellvioletdesign on Instagram. I would love to see what you come up with :)