Introducing my Bumble Bee Egg Cosy knitting pattern. Suitable for beginner knitters, this cosy uses three basic stitches (knit, purl and a k2tog decrease), and is knitted flat on straight single pointed needles (not in the round). The antennae are small i-cord tubes worked on two DPNs, but you could add strands of yarn instead if you do not know i-cord. The cosy is 8 cm tall.
- Instructions for making the cosy.
- A materials list and recommended yarns.
- The pattern is 2 pages and written in English.
- Measurements are in metric.
Materials you need at home:
- A pair of straight 4mm knitting needles (US 6)
- A pair of 3.5mm DPNs (US 4)
- Double knitting yarn (DK or light worsted weight)
- Buttons for eyes
What others have made
My name is Amanda Berry, a designer and knitter specialising in creating knitted toys stuffed with a little fluff and fuzz!
My designs have been published in magazines including Let’s Knit, Simply Knitting and Knit Now.