Bumper Blouse PDF Pattern
This fun little throw-on piece and a great project for using up smaller yardage in your stash. There’s no darts or set-in sleeves to fuss over either. The self faced sleeves provide options for your sleeve length. Make yourself proud with the mitered corners along the side-slits and slightly longer back.
Beginner Level - average 4 hours of prep and sewing
Sizes: XXS - 6X (see the reference size chart in the images)
Fabric suggestions: The Bumper Blouse can be made in a wide variety of woven fabrics. Use a lightweight woven for a blousy look or a medium weight for more structure: linen, cotton, chambray, poplin, lawn, Tencel.
Helpful tutorials can be found on our website here: https://openstudiopatterns.com/patterns/p/bumper-blouse
This is a digital product that includes printing instructions, sewing instructions, a tiled 8.5” x 11” PDF - 15 pages (sizes XXS-XL) and 21 pages (sizes XL-6XL) AND a 33” wide-format PDF for those of you with access to a plotter - 44" (sizes XXS-XL) and 56" (sizes XL-6XL).
- Layer and Tiled PDF Pattern for LETTER printing - 15 pages (sizes XXS-XL) and 21 pages (sizes XL-6XL)
- Large Format PDF Pattern for printing 33" wide at local copy shop - 44" (sizes XXS-XL) and 56" (sizes XL-6XL) long
- Sizes XXS-6XL to fit bust measurements up to 62" INCHES (imperial)
- Clearly illustrated and written instructions
Materials you need at home:
- 1.25 - 3 yards fabric of light-to-medium weight woven fabric (see size chart in supporting images)
- .5 - .75 yard of fusible interfacing
- 5 buttons or snaps
- 4 hours of time (on average)
Open Studio Patterns
From our factory floor to your sew room, we’re sharing our patterns, our techniques and our belief that making can make change - and we can do it in style!