Bumper Jumper PDF Pattern
The loose fit of the Bumper Jumper gives you so many variations for fit. Make a belt with the fabric scraps and cinch it at the waist or just let it go and watch it become your favorite travel outfit. It has side pockets, of course, and the sleeve cuffs are finished to allow for a roll up or a roll down.
Intermediate Level - average 6 hours of prep and sewing
Sizes: XXS - 6X (see the reference size chart in the images)
Fabric suggestions: The Bumper Jumper can be made in a wide variety of woven fabrics. Use a lightweight woven for a blousy look or a medium weight for more structure: canvas, denim, duck, twills, mid-weight linen or textured cottons.
Helpful tutorials can be found on our website here: https://openstudiopatterns.com/patterns/p/bumper-jumper
This is a digital product that includes printing instructions, sewing instructions, a tiled 8.5” x 11” PDF - 48 pages (sizes XXS-XL) and 60 pages (sizes XL-6XL), AND a 33” wide-format PDF for those of you with access to a plotter - 159" (sizes XXS-XL) and 188" (sizes XL-6XL).
- Layer and Tiled PDF Pattern for LETTER printing - 48 pages (sizes XXS-XL) and 60 pages (sizes XL-6XL)
- Large Format PDF Pattern for printing 33" wide at local copy shop - 159" (sizes XXS-XL) and 188" (sizes XL-6XL) long
- Sizes XXS-6XL to fit hip measurements up to 65" INCHES (imperial)
- Clearly illustrated and written instructions
Materials you need at home:
- 2.5 - 7 yard fabric of light-to-medium weight woven fabric (see size chart in supporting images)
- .75 - 1 yard of fusible interfacing
- 5 buttons or snaps
- 6 hours of time (on average)
Open Studio Patterns
From our factory floor to your sew room, we’re sharing our patterns, our techniques and our belief that making can make change - and we can do it in style!