- The pattern has row numbers for each step so you don’t lose your place
- Instructions for making the cosy
- A list of abbreviations and explanation of some techniques
- A materials list and recommended yarns.
- The pattern is 2 pages and written in English.
Simply signup for a free makerist account and then download this free pattern.
BUNNY EARS EGG COSY KNITTING PATTERNS
Bring some bunny fun to Easter breakfasts with a bunny ears egg cosy! This is a great project for beginner knitters to try as this is knitted flat on straight needles (not in the round). I knitted my cosy on 4mm needles as I wanted this big enough to keep larger eggs warm, but you could scale it down by using a smaller needle size if you wanted.
TECHNIQUES: All pieces are knitted flat (back and forth) on a pair of straight knitting needles. You will need to cast on, knit, purl, decrease, and sew a seam.
FINISHED SIZE: The egg cosy is approximately 8cm tall (not including the ears) and 8.5cm wide (un-stretched).