Burwell is a sport weight, button front, deep v-neck cardi with a stockinette front and a twisted stitch pattern on the back. It’s knit in one piece from the bottom up and includes waist shaping for a more tailored fit. Drop sleeves are knit in the round from the upper arm down to the cuffs.
Techniques used: Increasing, decreasing, short rows, knitting in the round, cabling, twisted stitches. Instructions for the twisted stitches are both written and charted so you may work for whichever set of directions you prefer.
- Knitting Pattern - written instructions, chart, and schematic
- Imperial and Metric Measurements
- Finished Chest Circumference 30-58" / 76-147.5 cm
Materials you need at home:
- 1060 (1160, 1265, 1370) 1480 (1615, 1730, 1860) yards / 769 (1060, 1156, 1252) 1353 (1476, 1582, 1700) meters heavy fingering/sport weight wool.
- US size 5 / 3.75 mm 24” / 60 cm circular needle or size needed to obtain gauge plus needles one size smaller.
- 6 stitch markers
- 5 (5, 5, 5) 6 (6, 7, 7) 18 mm buttons
- Cable needle
- Waste yarn
- Tapestry needle