Introducing my Buttercup Fairy knitting pattern. Her little toadstool seat also makes a handy pincushion. Buttercup is 26 cm tall and the toadstool is 9 cm tall. All pieces are knitted flat (back and forth) on a pair of straight single-pointed knitting needles. The skirt incorporates a three-needle join, and instructions with photos are included. You will also need to cast on and off, knit, purl, work increases and decreases, and sew seams.
- Instructions for making the doll and toadstool.
- Measurements are in metric.
- A materials list and recommended yarns.
- The pattern is 7 pages and written in English.
Materials you need at home:
- Straight 3.5mm knitting needles (US 4)
- DK yarn (double knitting or light worsted weight)
- Toy filling
- Beads for eyes
- A stitch holder
- Flower buttons to decorate
What others have made
My name is Amanda Berry, a designer and knitter specialising in creating knitted toys stuffed with a little fluff and fuzz!
My designs have been published in magazines including Let’s Knit, Simply Knitting and Knit Now.