Introducing Buzz and Zoff; Buzz the adventurous astronaut has a close encounter with Zoff the alien. Buzz is 17 cm tall and Zoff is 6 cm tall. All pieces are knitted flat (back and forth) on a pair of straight single-pointed knitting needles. The astronaut pattern incorporates intarsia colour-work to make the helmet. The blue stripes on the astronaut’s suit are added after knitting using Swiss Darning (or duplicate stitch) embroidery. You will also need to cast on and off, knit, purl, work increases and decreases, and sew seams.
- Instructions for making the astronaut and alien with photos.
- Measurements are metric.
- A materials list and recommended yarns.
- The pattern is 5 pages and written in English.
Materials you need at home:
- A pair of straight 3.5mm knitting needles (US 4)
- DK yarn (double knitting or light worsted weight)
- Toy filling
What others have made
My name is Amanda Berry, a designer and knitter specialising in creating knitted toys stuffed with a little fluff and fuzz!
My designs have been published in magazines including Let’s Knit, Simply Knitting and Knit Now.