This 16”x16” (40 x 40cm) pillow cover pattern is the ideal way to use your beginning cable expertise to produce a great item for your home.
The pattern is knit as one piece using a worsted/aran yarn. To make up, fold over and sew side seams. It has a three button envelope closure.
If you are familiar with using a cable needle and working buttonholes you should have no trouble with this pattern.
- Knitting Pattern with instructions written line by line not charted
- US Imperial Measurement / Metric Measurement
- Finished size fits 16"x16" (40x 40cm) pillow insert
- Some familiarity with cable knitting would be helpful as this is not a beginner pattern
Materials you need at home:
- 1 pair 4.5mm/US7/UK7 knitting needles
- 1 pair 5.5mm/US9/UK5 knitting needles
- Cable needle
- Large-eyed blunt sewing needle
- 3 buttons approx. 1”/ 2.5cm diameter
- Yarn: Approx 7 oz/200g =420yds/384m medium weight yarn/#4/worsted/aran
Easily outnumbered by boys in my house (husband and two sons, even a male dog!), I am queen of my little realm, so Ladyship Designs seemed a very fitting name for my store.
Ever since my Mum taught me to knit and sew I have loved the creative process and experimenting with design.
I find pillow covers to be the perfect way to combine my love of design and the textures that can be created with a single strand of yarn. I especially love experimenting with cable patterns.