- US terms and measurements
- Pattern provided includes sizes and directions for Cactus Sweater in 6, 12, 18, and 24 month.
- Skill level Adventurous Beginner with experience in the round and desire to try intarsia
- Simple stitches include ch, hdc, sc, sc2tog
- Gauge 10 hdc over 8 rows = 4x4 inch square swatch
Who doesn’t need a cactus sweater?! This sweater is worked in the round, minimizing the amount of sewing long sections of the garment. The yoke is used to join the sleeves and body together, then decreases to create the collar. The cactus design is worked into the body (intarsia) using two strands of yarn. I love making these sweaters for a quick baby shower gift (around 4-6 hours of work), and to use up my spare bundles of yarn.
The pattern includes written instructions, cactus charts, walk-through pictures, and pictures of the garment. Medium weight yarn is used for the sweater, creating a light-weight but warm gesture of love.