- The pattern has row numbers for each step so you don’t lose your place
- Instructions for making the camper van and photos
- A list of abbreviations and explanation of some techniques
- A materials list and recommended yarns.
- The pattern is 4 pages and written in English.
CAMPER VAN TOY KNITTING PATTERNS
I adore camper vans, they always look so happy!
TECHNIQUES: All pieces are knitted flat on straight knitting needles. The van itself is knitted in garter stitch and made in two pieces (top and bottom) to minimise seaming: the wheels and bumpers are knitted separately and sewn on. You will need to cast on and off, knit, purl, work increases and decreases, sew seams, and turn the work part way through a row.
For colour-work, you will need to know how to knit stripes (i.e change colour at the end of a row), and intarsia knitting in garter stitch to make the pattern on the bonnet. The window struts are added using embroidery after making up (I used a chain stitch).
FINISHED SIZE: The van is approximately 11cm tall, 18cm long and 8cm deep.