- The pattern has row numbers for each step so you don’t lose your place
- instructions for making the pirate doll and photos
- a list of abbreviations and explanation of some techniquea
- a materials list and recommended yarns.
- The pattern is 5 pages and written in English.
CAPTAIN BLUEBEARD DOLL TOY KNITTING PATTERNS
Aha - me hearties! Captain Bluebeard is the scourge of the high seas, searching for knitted plunder!
This pattern is an updated version of my Captain Bluebeard design, first published in Let’s Get Crafting magazine in 2015.
TECHNIQUES: All pieces are knitted flat on straight knitting needles. You will need to cast on and off, knit, purl, work increases and decreases, change colours at the ends of a row (knit stripes) and sew seams. The beard is made by knitting loops; instructions are included in the pattern, and a photo tutorial is also available from http://fluffandfuzz.weebly.com/tutorials1/how-to-knit-loops
FINISHED SIZE: Captain Bluebeard is approximately 20cm tall (including the hat).