Caribou Cape // Women's Wool Cape or Cloak Sewing Pattern
- A Print-At-Home PDF: 25 x A4 or US Letter pages.
- A Copy Shop PDF: 2 x A0 pages to print at your local print shop (ie. Kinkos, Officeworks)
- An instruction file: 11 pages of sewing instructions with detailed illustrations.
Materials you need at home:
- 1.8m (2 yards) of fabric with a 144cm (55”) width.
- 2.5m (2.7 yards) of fabric with a 112cm (44”) width.
- 30cm (1') of lightweight iron-on interfacing
The Caribou Cape is a chic, luxurious and fashionable cape designed as a transitional garment. This lovely cape has a striking silhouette, and closes with a your choice of toggle or frog clasp at the collar. This pattern is a great introduction to outerwear. This is a basic, minimal sewing pattern, with no lining, so it's perfect for beginners.
Skill Level These instructions are aimed at beginners. If you never worked with outerwear before, this is an excellent place to start. The construction is simple and quick.
• 'Standard' Sizes A-G (US 2-14, AUS & UK 6-16) See the 'sizing guide' image for measurements.
Material Requirements This pattern is designed for wool coating fabrics. It is especially suited to boiled wool, felted wool, tweed and flannel. “Bonded” boucles will also work well. Not recommended for very loosely woven fabrics or stretch knits, unless fully interlined.
Our Lady of Leisure
Hello, darling! How lovely to meet you. We are your Ladies of Leisure, the patron saints of Sunday sewing. This is our manifesto.
We believe in creation as recreation. Sewing is good for you, darling. Relax. We believe your leisure time should be used for maximum enjoyment. This means figure-friendly sewing patterns with pain-free instructions. And it means we indulge in a sneaky short cut now and then. This is for fun, babe. We also indulge in the occasional cocktail at the sewing machine. We won't tell if you don't.
Our Lady of Leisure is a ongoing project aimed at designing modern, bold, empowering sewing patterns. Our patterns come with thorough, easy-to-understand instructions, complete with painstakingly illustrated diagrams.
This project is an absolute labour of love, so please let us know if you have suggestions on how we can improve. You mean the world to us, darling!