Carrie mini mouse soft toy sewing pattern
A cute little mouse, Carrie stands just 6 inches tall when completed (15 cm) Her pattern has easy to follow instructions with lots of reference photos and includes making her cute shirt and headband.
She is best made in a short pile fur but I've seen her made beautifully in a simple cotton fabric too.
Her pattern includes instructions with an option to pluck and hand shade her face (a sparse fur is best for this : )
Previous experience of soft toy making may be helpful.
- Full step by step instructions
- Hand shading option (tutorial included)
- Lots of reference photos
Materials you need at home:
- Fat 1/16th mouse fabric
- Cotton fabric for inner ears
- Cotton fabric for skirt
- 3 x thin strips of fabric to make headband (optional)
- 3 x 12 or 15mm cotterpin or plastic joints
- 4mm glass eyes or beads
- Strong thread to joint arms
- Nose and toes embroidery threads
- Glitter or other thread for whiskers
- Sewing thread, scissors, needle and pins
I love making softies, from cute and cuddly to slightly quirky (like me). You'll find a whole menagerie of animals to sew from teds to lions, with the odd dragon and ostritch too. Hope you enjoy stitching them - and have fun x