The Cat Lady Tea Cosy Knitting Pattern was inspired by what we think of when someone says the phrase crazy cat lady.
This cat lady is dressed in her stripy cat onesie. She has the hood of her cat onesie up and it has cat ears, so she looks like one of her feline friends.
About her are 6 cats. She has two big cream cats, Burmese perhaps? She is cuddling one and the other is washing behind her. She has a Siamese cat at her feet, a smoky grey kitten in her pocket, a ginger tabby cat and a tortoiseshell cat behind her. What is really nice is that each cat is different with its own personality. Of course you could change the colours of the cats to look like any breed you like, and you could use eyelash yarn for plush coats.
With all those moggies, it's probably not surprising that the knitting pattern is an epic 10 pages long, so not one for the faint hearted.
The Cat Lady tea cosy fits a medium sized tea pot that covers a Teapot that holds 6 to 8 cups or 2 pints.
The pattern will be available for digital download as soon as you have completed purchase, so you could start knitting her very soon!
This product is the knitting pattern only to make your own Cat Lady tea cosy.
- made from double thickness yarn for extra insulation
- fits a medium sized teapot that holds 6 to 8 cups or 2 pints
- has removable parts just for fun
Materials you need at home:
- 5.5 mm, UK size 5 or US size 9 knitting needles,
- 4.00 mm, UK size 8 or US size 6 Knitting needles,
- 59g Stylecraft Special DK pomegranate,
- 39g Stylecraft Special DK buttermilk,
- 26g Stylecraft Special DK cream,
- 10g Hayfield Bonus DK flesh tone,
- 7g Stylecraft Special DK black,
- 6g Stylecraft Special DK parchment,
- 5g Hayfield Bonus DK Starling,
- 4g Stylecraft Special DK spice,
- 4g Stylecraft Special DK grey,
- 3g Stylecraft Special DK mustard,
- Small amounts of Stylecraft Special DK bluebell and grass green yarn for eyes,
I design and knit unique tea cosies. I really love designing exciting and unusual tea cosies, its great fun and people don’t mind having an over the top tea cosy. Plus they are a great talking point at tea time and make for brilliant knitting projects.
I have quite a following with regular customers who regularly buy my latest designs from my website TeaCosyFolk.co.uk
I have had a couple of patterns printed in the Simply Knitting Magazine, which is very exciting.