I was commissioned to design a Catholic Nun style tea cosy in her black habit with a white hood under a black veil.
As added decorative touches, I gave her a crucifix necklace, a bible and a candle, representing the light of Christ.
She's a lovely tea cosy and brings a scene of calm to tea time and makes you feel "the hills are alive, with the sound of music"
How do you solve a problem like cold tea?
- Made from double thickness yarn for extra insulation
- Fits a medium sized teapot that holds 6 to 8 cups or 2 pints
Materials you need at home:
- 5.5 mm, UK size 5 or US size 9 knitting needles,
- 4.00 mm, UK size 8 or US size 6 Knitting needles,
- 3.25 mm, UK size 10 or US size 3 Knitting needles,
- 78g black Double knitting wool,
- 19g white double knitting wool,
- 14g flesh tone double knitting wool,
- 3g yellow double knitting wool,
- 3g parchment double knitting wool,
I design and knit unique tea cosies. I really love designing exciting and unusual tea cosies, its great fun and people don’t mind having an over the top tea cosy. Plus they are a great talking point at tea time and make for brilliant knitting projects.
I have quite a following with regular customers who regularly buy my latest designs from my website TeaCosyFolk.co.uk
I have had a couple of patterns printed in the Simply Knitting Magazine, which is very exciting.