Cedar stands 20cm (8 inches) tall and is five way jointed, with button/thread jointed legs.
He has a woollen mane and tail and can have either child-friendly safety eyes or glass eyes.
My horse is made in a cotton fat quarter, but he likes to wear soft plush or velvets if you prefer.
Pattern has 8 pages of easy to follow instructions and some alternative suggestions to try.
Includes simple bridle and sadle.
- Full step by step instructions
- Lots of reference photos and illustrations
- Full sized pattern sheets
Materials you need at home:
- Fat quarter of fabric
- Felt for hooves (30 x 22cm piece)
- 6mm Plastic safety or glass eyes
- Strong jointing thread
- 1 x 30mm plastic safety or cotter pin joint
- Chunky knit or Tapestry wool
- 4 x 25mm buttons (self-cover or 2 hole)
- Black embroidery thread
- Suitable toy stuffing
- Sewing thread, scissors, needle and pins
I love making softies, from cute and cuddly to slightly quirky (like me). You'll find a whole menagerie of animals to sew from teds to lions, with the odd dragon and ostritch too. Hope you enjoy stitching them - and have fun x