Celeste, the friendly Voodoo-Doll - Crochet Pattern
Her name says it all: Celeste has magic in her veins. She’s mysterious and exotic, a little eccentric but not at all scary. She practices (mostly) white magic and is (almost) always friendly.
Only very rarely, her magic goes wrong. That’s when all her things fly through the room and her hair stands out in all directions. But humans have never been harmed during her experiments – only the occasional frog.
Unfortunately, Celeste is rather lonely as she still hasn’t managed to conjure up a partner for herself. Will you give her a loving home where she has some company and enough room to practice her magic?
- detailed description with supporting pictures making this pattern suitable for skilled beginners
- Stitches/ techniques used Magic Ring, chain stitch, slip stitch, single crochet, half double crochet, double crochet , working in spiral rounds
Materials you need at home:
- any type of yarn in beige and small amounts light brown, red and black
- Crochet hook in matching size
- 1 black button for an eye
- Filling material (e.g. polyester fiberfill)
It all started when I had a little too much time on my hands ...
... In search of something creative to do, I stumbled upon this one book that introduced me to the art of amigurumi crochet. And what do you know - I was instantly hooked!
I wanted to learn everything there was to learn about forming these cute little animals with just a little bit of yarn and a crochet hook. So I dove right in and crocheted every day for several months, making all kinds of wild animals and cute little items.
That's when my friends and family started asking "Oh, could you make me ....". By that time I already had a good understanding on how to develop certain shapes and forms, so I decided to give it a try and make my first very own amigurumi: Ferdinand Frog!
Now, after more than 4 years of crocheting, I still find myself learning new tricks and techniques all the time. And I have so much fun making all my ideas come to live - one cute little amigurumi at a time!