Children's mittens with thumb to keep their hands warm while maintaining freedom of movement. The model is uni-sex, declined in the color of your choice in plain or with stripes. Each mitten can be worn on either left or right hand.
For more comfort they are made in one piece with a minimum of sewing. Provide a stitch holder to put the thumb stitches on hold or, failing that, a piece of colored yarn.
For the small sizes (2 years old/4 years old and 6 years old) the mittens are linked together by an I-cord. The technique is explained in a step-by-step tutorial and photos in the appendix in the explanation.
The model is knitted flat in stocking stitch and 1/1 rib with straight needles.
The tension/gauge : 23 stitches and 30 rows needles 3,5 in stocking stitch (= 10 x 10 cm / = 4’’). You can knit this model in other qualities with the gauge same.
The model is available in 6 sizes : 2 years/4 years/6 years/8 years/10 years and 12 years.
The knitting pattern includes full instructions with photos of the model. Each size is explained individually.
Suitable for intermediate - Pattern language English. This pattern is available PDF download (12 pages) which includes 4 photos of the model and photos tutorial step by step to knitted the I-cord (4 photos).
- PDF knitting pattern with photographs (12 pages)
- Tutorial step by step to knitted the I-cord (4 photos)
- Each mittens is knitted flat in one piece
- Each size is explained individually
- Metric measurements /Suitable for intermediate
- 4 photos of the model
Materials you need at home:
- 1/1/1/1/1/1 ball Quality Partner 3,5 of Phildar (45/51/58/67/78/89 m)
- Knitting needles a pair of 3 mm (UK : 11, US : 2 ½, Canada D and Japan 5/0) for 1/1 rib
- Knitting needles a pair of 3 ½ mm (UK : 9, US : 4 , Canada E and Japan 6/0) for stocking stitch
- 1 stitch holders (or failing that a piece of yarn)
- 2 stitch markers or waste yarn
- 1 scissors
- 1 tapestry needle
Thali Créations Designs
My name is Nathalie, I design knitwear classic with a stylish twist for preemies, babys, children's and woman's ... my own designs and other for yarn companies.
I love blending creative stitches for comfortable and original garments ... handmade knits garments that you can wear for all occasions.
I use modern construction methods make for a straight-forward and enjoyable knitting experience (explained in photo tutorials). For give you pleasure of wearing hand knits practical and beautiful.
I hope you will enjoy knitting my patterns as much as I have enjoyed creating them.
All my knitwear is created by myself handmade and made in France. My patterns are signed Thali Créations.
You can follow Instagram account @thalicreations, for see my new projects.