Chimera three-quarter shawl - hand knitting pattern
This three-quarter square shawl is worked from the centre out, beginning with a garter tab. Two garter tab options are included in the pattern: Turkish cast-on (my favourite) and the standard. One skein of main colour is worked in one stitch pattern, followed by five gradient mini-skeins worked in a second stitch pattern. Hard blocking is recommended as it opens up the lace and makes this pattern shine.
Techniques: Increases/decreases, Turkish cast on (optional), working lace from charts or written instructions, slipped stitch selvedge.
- Illustrated knitting pattern
- Metric and imperial measurements
- Charts and written instructions
- 55 x 55" / 140 x 140 cm square
Materials you need at home:
- Fingering weight yarn; 512 yd / 468 m plus 5 mini-skeins approx 128 yd / 117 m per each
- Shown here in: 1 skein Wonderland Yarns Cheshire Cat (512 yd / 468 m per 4 oz / 113 g skein; 100% Superwash Merino) in #35 Mock Turtle (MC) Set of 5 mini-skeins Wonderland Yarns Cheshire Cat Color Morph (128 yd / 117 m per each 1 oz / 28 g skein; 100% Superwash Merino) in #41 Yellow to Fuchsia (CC1, CC2, CC3, CC4, CC5)
- 6 US / 4 mm circular needle, 32" / 80 cm long
- stitch markers
- tapestry needle
- digital scale (optional)
A Holli Yeoh pattern is sure to offer something to learn, as well as a casually elegant aesthetic. Interesting techniques and clear instructions—developed from years of teaching and pattern writing experience—ensure a rewarding knit with beautiful results. Her work has appeared in industry leading publications including Vogue Knitting, Interweave Press, and Amirisu, as well as in her website (holli yeoh.com) and in her book Tempest, published in collaboration with SweetGeorgia Yarns.