Have a happy handmade Christmas with this set of baubles to hang on your Christmas tree. The knitting pattern includes five designs: Santa, Snowman, Robin, Rudolph and Pudding. Each bauble is approximately 5.5 cm diameter. Most pieces are knitted flat (back and forth) on a pair of straight single-pointed knitting needles, but you could convert the patterns for the hats and baubles to knitting in the round if you prefer. Rudolph’s antlers are made from i-cord tubes knitted on two DPNs. The pattern for the pudding incorporates Fair Isle (stranded) colour-work. You will also need to cast on and off, knit, purl, work increases and decreases, change colour at the end of a row to knit stripes, and sew seams.
- Instructions for making the baubles plus photos.
- A materials list and recommended yarns.
- The pattern is 6 pages and written in English.
- Metric measurements are used.
Materials you need at home:
- A pair of straight 3.75mm knitting needles (US 5)
- Two 3.5mm DPNs (US 4)
- Double knitting yarns (DK or light worsted weight); less than 30g in each colour
- Toy filling
What others have made
My name is Amanda Berry, a designer and knitter specialising in creating knitted toys stuffed with a little fluff and fuzz!
My designs have been published in magazines including Let’s Knit, Simply Knitting and Knit Now.