Introducing my Christmas Characters knitting pattern. Knit three adorable decorations to adorn your tree: Santa, a polar bear, and a toy soldier. Polar Bear is 10 cm tall, Santa 11 cm tall and Soldier 12 cm tall. Most pieces are knitted flat (back and forth) on a pair of straight single-pointed knitting needles. The soldier’s chin strap is a single crochet chain. Duplicate stitch (Swiss darning) embroidery is used to decorate the toys. You will also need to cast on and off, knit, purl, work increases and decreases, and sew seams.
- Instructions for making the three characters.
- A materials list and recommended yarns.
- The pattern is 5 pages and written in English.
- Measurements are in metric.
Materials you need at home:
- A pair of straight 3.5mm knitting needles (US 4)
- A 3.5mm crochet hook for the soldier’s chin strap
- Double knitting yarns (DK or light worsted weight)
- Beads for eyes
- Toy filling
What others have made
My name is Amanda Berry, a designer and knitter specialising in creating knitted toys stuffed with a little fluff and fuzz!
My designs have been published in magazines including Let’s Knit, Simply Knitting and Knit Now.