Introducing my Christmas Skittles; these larger toys would make super decorations at the foot of your tree at Christmas-time, and you can also have a fun game of skittles with snowballs to knock them down. The pattern is to knit the snowman, reindeer, Santa and snowballs. The toys stand at 31 cm to 36 cm tall. All pieces are knitted flat (back and forth) on a pair of straight single-pointed knitting needles. You need to make pompoms for the hats and there is a little embroidery to finish the snowman’s mouth and Santa’s belt buckle. You will also need to cast on and off, knit, purl, work increases and decreases, knit stripes, and sew seams.
- Instructions for making the toys.
- A materials list and recommended yarns.
- The pattern is 9 pages and written in English.
- Measurements are metric.
Materials you need at home:
- A pair of straight 3.75mm knitting needles (US 5)
- DK acrylic yarn (double knitting or light worsted weight); a 100g skein in each colour
- Toy filling
- Domed black buttons for eyes
- A stitch holder
What others have made
My name is Amanda Berry, a designer and knitter specialising in creating knitted toys stuffed with a little fluff and fuzz!
My designs have been published in magazines including Let’s Knit, Simply Knitting and Knit Now.