Introducing my Christmas Stockings knitting pattern. I designed these for beginner knitters, so there is no knitting in the round or turning heels in this pattern. They are quick to knit, and a great project to use up odds and ends of yarn. Each stocking is 8 cm tall. The stocking is knitted flat (back and forth) on a pair of straight single-pointed knitting needles. The hanging loop is a single crochet chain. You will also need to cast on and off, knit, purl, work a k2tog decrease and a kfb increase, and sew seams.
- Instructions for making the stockings and photos.
- A materials list and recommended yarns.
- The pattern is 3 pages and written in English.
- Measurements are in metric.
Materials you need at home:
- A pair of straight 3.75mm knitting needles (US 5)
- A 3.75mm crochet hook (US F)
- Double knitting yarn (DK or light worsted weight)
What others have made
My name is Amanda Berry, a designer and knitter specialising in creating knitted toys stuffed with a little fluff and fuzz!
My designs have been published in magazines including Let’s Knit, Simply Knitting and Knit Now.