Christmas Tinsel and Fairy Lights Tea Cosy Knitting Pattern
When you get your Christmas decorations out of the loft and dust them off, do you find that the tinsel and vintage Christmas fairy lights have knotted themselves together? That is what this tea cosy depicts, its a tangle of Christmas tinsel and fairy lights with loops of wire everywhere and fairy light popping out all over.
The Christmas Tinsel and Fairy Lights tea cosy is knitted with King Cole Tinsel; which is such fun and festive yarn that really lends itself to a Christmas Tea Cosy.
The Christmas Tinsel and Fairy Lights pattern gives instructions for LED lit and non lit tea cosies. The LED lit version is lit with a string of battery powered LED lights which you can buy cheaply from Ebay or from any pound store nearer Christmas. The lights make the tea cosy look very special and really gives a nostalgic feel and does give the teapot that wow factor for Christmas.
The Christmas Tinsel and Fairy Lights pattern is the first knitting pattern from TeaCosyFolk that has three different sizes of tea cosy - Small 2 cup teapot, The Medium 6 -8 cup teapot, and Large 10 cup teapot. The small is perfect for a gift for anyone living alone. the medium sized is perfect for yourself and your family, but when the guests descend at Christmas; you need to pull out the big guns and use the large sized teapot with a large LED lit Christmas Tinsel and Fairy Lights tea cosy.
Three sizes of tea cosies in one pattern celebrating getting the trimmings out of the loft for another Christmas.
- Fits Small, Medium and Large Teapots
- Knitted with double thickness yarn for added warmth
- LED lights can be included or left off
- Uses King Cole Tinsel
Materials you need at home:
- 5.5 mm, UK size 5 or US size 9 knitting needles,
- 4.00 mm, UK size 8 or US size 6 Knitting needles,
- 3.25 mm, UK size 10 or US size 3 Knitting needles,
- 18g (24g, 34g) contrast Double knitting wool,
- 19g (31g, 42g) King Cole tinsel knitting wool,
- 27g bottle double knitting wool,
- 8g sunshine double knitting wool,
- 8g turquoise double knitting wool,
- 8g bright green double knitting wool,
- 8g fiesta double knitting wool,
- 8g matador double knitting wool,
- 7g white double knitting wool,
- String of 10 battery powered LED fairy lights
- 20mm button in contrast colour (optional)
I design and knit unique tea cosies. I really love designing exciting and unusual tea cosies, its great fun and people don’t mind having an over the top tea cosy. Plus they are a great talking point at tea time and make for brilliant knitting projects.
I have quite a following with regular customers who regularly buy my latest designs from my website TeaCosyFolk.co.uk
I have had a couple of patterns printed in the Simply Knitting Magazine, which is very exciting.