Chunky T-Rex Jacket
Knitting pattern for children aged 1 to 11 years. Knitted in Chunky (12 ply) Yarn so grows very quickly. Large, coloured intarsia charts to follow for the small T-Rex on the front and large T-Rex on the back.
This trendy jacket is quick to knit and sure to please any "Dinosaur Mad" youngster.
YARN Any Chunky yarn (12 ply) can be used so long as it gives the same tension as below. The garment shown is knitted in Stylecraft Special Chunky – Parchment (1218) for the background, Teal (1062) for the dinosaur and collar, Pale Rose (1080) – only a small amount of yarn is required for the Dino’s tongue.
Tension – 14 stitches and 20 rows to 10 cm (4 inches) over stocking stitch using 6mm needles
Needles: 1 pair of 5 mm (UK6 - USA8) and 1 pair of 6 mm (UK4 - USA10)
An easy and quick design to knit. The pattern includes colour coded sizes for ages from 1 to 11 years and large coloured intarsia charts for the Dinosaurs.
Pattern Language - English
- Illustrated Knitting Pattern
- US Imperial Measurement / Metric Measurement
- Ages 1- 11 years
- Colour coded for different sizes and large charts to follow
Materials you need at home:
- The garment shown is knitted in Stylecraft Special Chunky – Parchment (1218), Teal (1062) and small amount of Pale Rose (1080)
- 1 pair of 5 mm (UK6 - USA8) knitting needles
- 1 pair of 6 mm (UK4 - USA10) knitting needles
I first started to design clothes for my children when they were younger and went on to sell garments through shops and craft fairs. I also taught the use of machine knitting and knitwear design. I later followed a career in IT, but I now have grandchildren and whilst hand knitting for them was inspired to start designing and creating knitting patterns again.