- Written and charted pattern
- Instructions in English
- US Imperial and metric measurements
- Suitable for the intermediate knitter
- Worked flat
- Written for a gauge of 18 sts / 20 rows = 10 cm (4 inches) over stockinette after blocking, the gauge is however not critical in this design.
- Digital PDF has 4 pages (A4 size)
This shawl design was inspired by the bold circle (“cirkel” in Dutch) featured in the border. This wonderful eye catching lace reminds me of the bridges of Paris, crossing the Seine.
Cirkels is knit sideways from tip to tip. Increases/decreases are worked one stitch every other row, creating a shallow triangle. The lace border features triple yarn overs, giving it its distinct circles. Because the border is knit at the same time as the body of the shawl, the time needed for finishing is minimal.
Size and finished measurements: A wingspan of 145 cm (57 inches) and a depth of 50 cm (20 inches), measured after blocking.
Difficulty level: This pattern features a stockinette body with a simultaneously knit garter stitch lace edging. Stitches used include knit, purl, k2tog, kfb, M1, yo, triple yo and a centered double decrease. This pattern is suitable for the intermediate knitter.