Clarence the Dinosaur is a bigger toy that you can also use as a throw cushion. Clarence is 38 cm long and 28 cm tall. The pattern is 5 pages and written in English. All pieces are knitted flat (back and forth) on a pair of straight single-pointed knitting needles. This pattern incorporates kitchener stitch grafting. You will also need to cast on and off, knit, purl, work increases and decreases, and sew seams. There is no tricky colour-work to do as the scales, eyes and spots are knitted separately and sewn on to the finished cushion.
- Instructions for making the cushion and photos.
- A materials list and recommended yarns.
- The pattern is 5 pages and written in English.
- Measurements are in metric.
Materials you need at home:
- A pair of straight 3.75mm knitting needles (US 5)
- DK yarn (double knitting or light worsted weight)
- Toy filling
- Domed black buttons for the eyes
What others have made
My name is Amanda Berry, a designer and knitter specialising in creating knitted toys stuffed with a little fluff and fuzz!
My designs have been published in magazines including Let’s Knit, Simply Knitting and Knit Now.