Clarence is a cuddly dinosaur cushion, with squishy scales and bright spots. Designed by Amanda Berry @fluffandfuzz, Clarence is knitted in acrylic DK yarns on single pointed needles (not in the round). There is no tricky colour-work to do as the scales, eyes and spots are knitted separately and sewn on to the finished cushion. For confident beginners and above, other techniques used include casting on and off, knits, purls, increases and decreases, and seaming to finish.
- Instructions for making the cushion and photos.
- A materials list and recommended yarns.
- The pattern is 5 pages and written in English.
- Measurements are in metric.
- One size only - 38cm long x 28cm tall.
Materials you need at home:
- A pair of straight 3.75mm knitting needles (US 5)
- DK yarn (double knitting or light worsted weight)
- Toy filling
- Domed black buttons for the eyes
What others have made
My name is Amanda Berry, a designer and knitter specialising in creating knitted toys stuffed with a little fluff and fuzz!
My designs have been published in magazines including Let’s Knit, Simply Knitting and Knit Now.