This E-Book contains the sewing pattern and instructions for 2 different clutches / handbags. The first version of the clutch is a bit smaller (10 cm x 13.5 cm) and has a patchwork design. Here you can combine your favourite colors or materials such as cotton, linen, faux leather, cork fabrics and so on. This version also contains a strap on the side where you can put your hand through.
The second version of the clutch is a bit bigger (24 cm x 18 cm) and comes with an additional zip pocket inside. This version is sewn with a strap on the front of the clutch, where you can put your hand through. Both clutch versions are closed with a zipper.
The pattern is perfectly suitable for beginners. Every step is explained in detail and illustrated with photos and/or sketches.
- Detailed sewing instructions with many photos on 54 pages as a digital e-book (PDF)
- Sewing pattern for printing at home in A4-format (PDF)
- Many design examples
- Metric Measurement
Materials you need at home:
- Cotton fabric for the inside: 35 cm x 25 cm
- Fabric for outside color #1 (Brown): 35 cm x 35 cm
- Fabric for outside color #2 (Red): 35 cm x 25 cm
- Fabric for outside color #3 (Yellow): 13 cm x 8 cm
- If the outside fabric is thin you can use a fusable interling to strenghten it: H250 or Decovil I Light: 35 cm x 25 cm
- If your strap is made of thin fabric you can use interlining to strengthen it: H250: 5 cm x 32 cm
- 24 cm zipper per metre (2,5 cm or 3,5 cm wide) and a zipper pull
- 1 D-Ring 25 mm wide
- optional: 2 book screws for the strap
- optional: hole punch pliers for using book screws
What others have made
Creative Sewing Lab
Hi there, I’m Julia! Born ‘83 in Germany I now live in East Yorkshire with my husband and our two adorable children. I started sewing when my daughter was born in 2011 and soon began to design my own sewing patterns. Before my „sewing career“ i was working as a freelance graphic- & webdesigner for several years which helps me build my blog and design my patterns. I hope you enjoy my blog and my sewing patterns as well.