Collins // Women's Coveralls with Exposed Front Zipper
The Collins Overalls are a youthful, fun take on the utility trend. Wear it over a tshirt in Summer, a sweater in Winter, or just by itself, it’s a flexible all-in-one outfit. In sturdy plain fabrics it’s a wardrobe staple, and in bright patterns it’s a statement piece. No one will believe you made this yourself! The Collins Overalls are a loose fitting design with an exposed zip in centre-front. The overalls feature useful hip pockets and a straight-leg silhouette.
Skill Level This pattern is recommended for beginner sewers. It comes together quickly and has detailed instructions. You should have a good understanding of your machine.
• 'Standard' Sizes A-G (US 2-14, AUS & UK 6-16) See the 'sizing guide' image for measurements.
- A Print-At-Home PDF 28 x A4 or US Letter pages.
- A Copy Shop PDF 2 x A0 pages to print at your local print shop (ie. Kinkos, Officeworks)
- An instruction file 12 pages of sewing instructions with detailed illustrations.
- Download size is 2mb.
Materials you need at home:
- 3m (3.2 yards) of 115cm (44”) width fabric, , or 2.2m (2.4 yards) of 150cm (58”) width fabric
- 15cm x 1m (6” x 1 yard) strip of lightweight fusible interfacing.
- 40cm (16”) closed-end chunky nickel or plastic zipper (aka. a 3 or 5 zip)
- This pattern is recommended for light to medium woven fabrics. Lawn, broadcloth, or jacquard are all good options, or lightweight canvas, denim, corduroy or chambray. Recommended for fabrics with little to no stretch.
Our Lady of Leisure
Hello, darling! How lovely to meet you. We are your Ladies of Leisure, the patron saints of Sunday sewing. This is our manifesto.
We believe in creation as recreation. Sewing is good for you, darling. Relax. We believe your leisure time should be used for maximum enjoyment. This means figure-friendly sewing patterns with pain-free instructions. And it means we indulge in a sneaky short cut now and then. This is for fun, babe. We also indulge in the occasional cocktail at the sewing machine. We won't tell if you don't.
Our Lady of Leisure is a ongoing project aimed at designing modern, bold, empowering sewing patterns. Our patterns come with thorough, easy-to-understand instructions, complete with painstakingly illustrated diagrams.
This project is an absolute labour of love, so please let us know if you have suggestions on how we can improve. You mean the world to us, darling!