- Imperial Measurements
- Lots of photos in instructions
- Suitable for Intermediate quilters
- Full size templates included, .
Materials you need at home:
- 3/4 yard cotton for the Sky Fabric; 1/4 yard for the Mountain Fabric; 1/8 yard for the River Fabric
- 3/8 yd of Backing Fabric
- 1/4 yard for Binding Fabric
- 1/2 yard of paper-backed Fusible Web (kind you can sew through)
- 3/8 yard of batting (wadding) of your choice, such as cotton, cotton/poly blend, wool, etc.
- Rayon or Polyester machine embroidery thread to match fabric applique colors or use all one color such as black, your choice, 60 weight bobbin thread for applique
- Applique Pressing Sheet (optional, but helpful)
- Light-box or window for tracing applique shapes
Who doesn't love hot air balloons gracing the sky? This is a fun and colorful quilt to make and I am sure you will enjoy making your own small quilt.
You can make this as a stand alone wall quilt or add other rows that you might have to make a row by row quilt or use as a table runner too.
It's all fusible appliqué and I give tips for using the fusible web, but I assume you already know how to use fusible web in making a quilt block or quilt, so I do not provide complete appliqué instructions, hence the intermediate rating.
Make full size as shown, which finishes 12" x 24" or half size at 12" x 12", by dividing the block smaller as you like it.
Daryl Perry ~ Patchouli Moon Studio
I love color and textiles and that is why I started making quilts, quilted wall hangings and then got hooked on making handbags and other bags. I sell my handbags on my blog too. I started a blog in 2008 to document everything that I make. I blog at https://www.patchouli-moon-studio.blogspot.com Please drop by and see what I create.
I have designed a few patterns in pdf format to sell here and I also offer a few free pdf patterns as well.