Celebrate the Bright Young Things, the Roaring 20s, a decade welcoming and exploring change, and a time of joyful elegance! I was inspired by one of the iconic Art Deco buildings - the Columbia Eastern in Los Angeles. May we hail the challenges of our 20s with the same vigour!
This is a pattern for a jumper worked from the top down and in the round, with a circular yoke, using the stranded colourwork technique. Plötulopi is held single for this project.
Please see schematic for all approximate finished sizes. Plötulopi is not usually worn against the skin and you may wish to work a size or two up from your actual measurements. Feel free to make any adjustments, as needed, for best fit.
- Illustrated Knitting Pattern with Charts
- US Imperial Measurement / Metric Measurement
- chest circumference - 29.5 (33.5, 38.5, 41.5) 46.5, 50.5, 52.75 (56.75, 61.5) in/ 75 (85, 97.5, 105.5) 118, 128, 134 (144, 156) cm
Materials you need at home:
- yarn: Plötulopi – Unspun Icelandic by Ístex DK / 8 ply; 100% Icelandic; 328yds (300m) / 100g approximate yarn amounts: MC (Ash Heather/Gulf Stream) - 2 (3, 3, 3) 3, 4, 4 (4, 4, 5) plates OR DK 800 (900, 1120, 1200) 1300, 1450, 1500 (1520, 1700) yds/ 731 (823, 1024, 1098) 1188, 1326, 1372 (1390, 1555) m CC (gradient handspun by fiber-kat) - 130 (140, 145, 150) 160, 170, 180 (185, 190, 195) yds/118 (129, 133, 138) 147, 156, 165 (170, 174, 179) m of handspun dk - worsted weight OR 1 plate of colour CC (Black Sheep Heather)
- needles: 3.0mm (us no 2.5) circular 24in/61cm (neck rib) 3.75mm (us no 5) circular 40in/101cm; DPNs (sleeves, if needed) 4.5mm (us no 7) circular 40in/101cm; DPNs (sleeves, if needed)
- additional tools: needle to weave in ends, st markers, st holders, waste yarn & crochet hook, if working provisional cast-on
Mona Zillah - bunnymuff
Inspired by the environments around me, I strive to make relevant designs that are clever additions to any outfit; blending traditional and contemporary styles, with a focus on colourwork. Most bunnymuff patterns are easily adjustable for a personal best fit in an extended range of sizes. bunnymuff supports ethical sourcing and climate/people conscious buttons, wool stuffing, and other notions!