Where ever you go, there you are. The edge to edge decorative lace arrows of this cardigan remind you that you’re always at the center of the compass.
This cardigan is worked flat in one piece from the bottom up. Arrow lace panels run from hem to neck and side to side and intersect at the center back. Stitches are picked up at the armholes for sleeves.
This pattern is both written and charted so knitters may work from whichever set of directions they prefer.
Techniques used: Yarn overs, increasing, decreasing, picking up stitches, knitting in the round, applied I-cord, I-cord Bind Off, 3 needle Bind Off.
- Knitting Pattern - written instructions, chart, and schematic
- Imperial and Metric Measurements
- Finished Chest Circumference 33-52" / 84-132 cm
Materials you need at home:
- Approximately 1530 (1617, 1750, 1870)(1975, 2090, 2210) yards / 1399 (1478, 1600, 1710)(1805, 1911, 2020) meters fingering weight sock yarn.
- US size 4 / 3.5 mm 32” / 80 cm circular needles or size needed to obtain gauge plus needles of the same size as preferred for working small circumferences in the round; and DPNs one size smaller for icord.
- 4 stitch markers
- Waste yarn
- Tapestry needle