Coorie is a Scottish word meaning cuddle or snuggle and seemed the perfect name for these cute kittens : )
You will get two kittens from one standard Fat Quarter fabric, or mix 'n match fabrics (purrfect stash busters : ) They can also be made in plush or furs for an alternative look.
Coorie kitten stands 5 inches tall when completed (13cm). No joints are needed as their heads are thread jointed into place. Pattern includes easy to follow step by step instructions with lots of reference photos
Quick and effective softies for craft stalls, gifts or sewing for fun.
- No joints required
- Quick and easy to sew
- 5 inches high (13cm) when completed
- Suitable for beginners
Materials you need at home:
- Fat quarter cotton will make two kittens. A short plush or fur can also be used.
- Embroidery thread for features and toes
- Small handful of suitable toy stuffing
- Thread suitable for jointing
- Needle and thread
- Scissors and pins
- Coloured pencil for marking out pattern
I love making softies, from cute and cuddly to slightly quirky (like me). You'll find a whole menagerie of animals to sew from teds to lions, with the odd dragon and ostritch too. Hope you enjoy stitching them - and have fun x